One of my favorite things to do with my children are art projects! I have been searching for a paint that would be safe for my 11 month old to use (since everything goes in her mouth)! I have finally found a recipe that I love to create homemade, baby-safe finger paints!
This recipe also only requires 3 ingredients! What?! I know! It’s super easy to make! You can use this recipe with children of all ages as well!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- Food Coloring
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring cup
- Small Containers to mix paint
Now it’s time to make some homemade, baby-safe finger paints!
- In your large bowl, pour in flour and water.
- Using your whisk, mix flour and water together until you get the consistency you would like. (I mixed until my solution was smooth with no lumps)
- Now it is time to separate your mixture into different containers (this will depend on how many different colors you are making).
- Now it’s time to add your food coloring!
- Time to test it out and have your little one start to paint!
My daughter absolutely loved this painting project and I hope your little one does as well! The one thing I loved about this project is that I didn’t have to worry about my daughter putting into her mouth! I would love to know how your child enjoyed this paint! Please share on social media so that your friends can try this as well!